I won the Springer API Challenge 1.0
It is official! I won the Springer API Challenge 1.0 with my pet project Springer Quotes. Wohoooo!:)
So go check out Springer Quotes and let me know what you think.
I want to give credit where credit is due. I specially want to thank these two people for their prior work and support:
- Michael Donohoe for his awesome Emphasis Library that I adapted and reimplemented in Ruby to highlight the quotes
- Pascal Bertram for the logo artwork
In addition, these are the great technologies and open source libraries that I have used to build Springer Quotes:
- heroku for hosting this site
- CouchDB for the data storage
- Ruby and Sinatra for the implementation and server DSL
- bit.ly for shortening the links
- Nokogiri + XSLT for the conversion of Springer's A++ format into somewhat more readable HTML.
- MathJax for beautifying mathematic formulas
- 'Sticky' buttons at the top of the article
- Pure CSS speech bubbles for the nice speech bubbles you see on the /quotes page
Open Source Software is the thing! Build it, use it, contribute to it!